Discovering something new everyday

Monday, February 27, 2006

Narae students and He Min

I finished teaching at Narae preschool last Monday. I must say I was quite sad to leave all the little kids. Every morning, like clockwork. they would scream "Yong-al seonsaenim imnida" ( It's the English teacher), and then proceed to scream hello seven times. You would think they would get sick of me after twelve months, but appartenly not. I took Brandi along on Tuesday to help me hand out candy and stickers to them and to take some pictures. She couldn't believe how many and how small they were. We ended up going to the grade seven graduation on Thursday as well. A few tears actually came to my eyes when I had to leave. I never thought I would get attached to little kids so much. I really enjoyed it there and they treated me so well.


I'm also sad to be leaving my little He Min. I have been teaching her for seven months at my home once a week. She literally knew no English when I met her and she has learned so much in the one hour a week I spent with her. I am truly amazed.


The seven year old class at Narae




The first of two six year old classes that I teach.




The second six year old class.




My five year old class at Narae.




Some of my rambunctious 7 year olds at Narae



Ohh... the lure of a microphone when you are five years old.




Some of the five year olds.



Aren't they cute!



Graduation Day!



They all had to make little speeches on the microphone. I have no idea what they were saying though.



One of my Narae students on graduation day.



Me and He Min




He Min and her little sister. Her little sister is only two and she talks so much in Korean and makes these little faces. She is so.... funny. She even says hello, good bye and thank you in English now. I give her so much candy, it must inspire her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home