Discovering something new everyday

Monday, November 28, 2005

Farmer Dan

I had something kind of cute happen to me today. This probably isn't going to be all that funny for the people who don't know my dad, but for anyone who does, it'll kind of make you snicker. Since my dad is a farmer and his name is Dan.. some of us.. namely my immediate family call him "Farmer Dan." We like to tease him about his undying love for the farm and his cows.

Well apparently the writers of the ESL book series "Bounce" thought that "Farmer Dan" had a nice ring to it because they made a song about a farmer named Dan. Today I had to teach the song to my students and it made me a bit nostalgic. Of course I was the only one who found this little song amusing and most of the kids thought it was quite corny.


So for any of you that care to sing a rendition of the farmer Dan song... here are the words.

Come visit the farm!

Come visit the farm!
Follow me.
Let's see which animals we can see!

Listen to the sounds on Farmer Dan's farm.
What are they?
They're cows in his barn.

Now it's time to listen to you.
Come on, everyone! Be cows, too!
Moo, moo, moo!


Maybe I'll burn the Cd so we can all sing it when I get home. Haha..
But seriously the song reminded me of how much I love the farm and my Dad.
I miss you Dad and I even miss your cows too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home